Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Well it has been an exciting kind of time since I posted last week! I finally decided to dig in and go for my bakery dream. I'm terrified, and completely unsure of myself, but I know that I have to try, or die. I think I feel that strongly about it. I need to find that beauty, that charm if you will, that's inside and let it out.

I have a cupcake order for the weekend, and I want them to be so beautiful that women weep, overwhelmed with the decision between gazing on in rapturous wonder and devouring them in giant, wolfish bites. So yeah, fingers crossed!

OH I also found out what a split infinitive is! Believe me when I tell you, it has weighed heavily on my mind.

But I'm not going to spoil the surprise for everyone else (except you, Koda). I'll let you investigate the world of slightly arcane grammar for yourselves!

My fabric choice
In the arena of MORE GOOD NEWS, I fixed one of my sewing machines! Yay!

Thank goodness, because I'm like two weeks behind on my pillow/pouf/footstool sewing project.
So I'm basically just starting and have already had to unpin everything because I cut the fabric incorrectly, URGH.

I'm using a tutorial written by  the lovely Susan of Living With Punks . She has a wonderful collection of tutorials on her site, and I aspire to be as prolific as she has been!.


It's going to be the pink chevron, ^^ up there with lime green piping. I think it will be adorable. My niece has already ordered one for herself. It's a very straight forward project, easily completed in a few hours, assuming you cut the fabric correctly the first time. :D

Check out the tutorial  floor pillow, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment