Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh God, You Again?

So I have this goal of getting a blog going. Despite my sporadic attempts, nothing has captured my interest long enough. Pathetic, right? With all the talking I do, you'd think I would have enough sense to put it down for my legions of friends to read... *snort*

Well I'm going to give it another try. I have a secret wish that just by creating a blog, I will be transported to a rustic, but modern, farmhouse in the country (not too far from good restaurants and the sea shore, of course). Where my burly-but-sensitive husband will chop wood and throw pots in our chicken coop turned potting shed, and I will decorate my pretty children with hand crafted clothing fashioned from fabric I screened myself, after rescuing it from my Grannie's scrap pile. Then after taking effortless, but wildly creative photographs of it all, I will post them to my blog and instantly get a book deal or TV show on the Food Network.

Well, back to the real world.

The truth is, I bought a serger and I want to make stuff and show it off. So here I am again.

The theme of this blog is supposed to be centered around my love of charm packs, but so far I don't have one thing to show for that, 'cept lots of pretty charm packs. I'm just going to get started and see where it goes. My goal to learn to bake a decent loaf of Italian bread only took me 21 months, so this should be a real barn burner.

I have kind of an eclectic skill set, but I'm not at all put together. I constantly wonder when I will start to become this grown-up version of me that I imagined as a child, and let's be honest, making your own laundry soap isn't really something that will help you get a great new job. And isn't that was our post baby boomer generation was raised to believe? You can be a homemaker and a corporate executive! Somehow I just never got the hang of...well, whatever it is people do to get corporate jobs. But I can make a mean butter cream and I once hosted a Lord of the Rings birthday party for 30 children.

That's what I can do, so Imma do it and tell the blog about it.

Join me, won't you, and we will build our farmhouse castles in the sky together.

~Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment